Laboratory Animal Science (LAS) is a specialised subject considered under Veterinary Medicine & Animal Science. LAS is fast developing subject in the world which is necessary for biomedical research. The development of cell culture techniques and computer models has reduced the use of animal models in research in the recent past. These in-vitro models however, cannot substitute in-vivo animal totally as in-vitro models cannot be applied directly to in-vivo situation. Knowledge and expertise on Laboratory Animal Science is an urgent need for researchers engaged in animal experiments, particularly in developing countries like Malaysia. Therefore, a two-week course on LAS known as The International Course on Laboratory Animal Science Malaysia (MICLAS) is being organised by the iMoleC in collaboration with Department of Laboratory Animal Science of Utrecht University of Netherlands and Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (IGIB) of India.
- To disseminate basic facts and principles (knowledge, skills and attitude) that are essential for
the human use and care of animal recruited for research.
- To support a critical and analytical attitude towards the scientific knowledge underlying
laboratory animal science related activities.
- To improve quality of research conducted in Malaysia.
Over the past 20 years, the zebrafish has emerged as a powerful model system for the study of vertebrate development and disease. This two-day’s Regional Workshop on Zebra Fish as Research Tools (iRoZas) workshop will be organized to cater biomedical researcher, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and independent investigators around Southeast Asia and will focus on the basic handling and breeding as well as development disease models of zebrafish. The workshop will cover novel technologies geared towards their application in zebrafish. Mornings will be devoted to lecture series and afternoon will be for laboratory exercises.
- To introduce basic and latest technologies in husbandry of zebrafish at par with international standard for regional researchers.
- To expose the researchers with established zebrafish disease models to guide diverse horizon in biomedical research around southeast Asia region.
- To provide hands-on experiences through practical sessions for the participants.
- To communicate and discuss with international renowned researchers regarding zebrafish technologies.
Seminar & Workshop
- Cell Culture
- Stem Cell Biology
- Docking & Microbe Competence Cell
- Antioxidant Analysis
- Statistical Analysis (SPSS)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR)